top of page

Gate Access

Band members who are not members of the military or their spouses and do not already have access to the Naval Postgraduate School base through their employment will need an access card to be able to attend rehearsals and performances at the school.  Please follow the directions below to obtain a card.  

If you are a continuing member of the band, you will need to fill out a new application each time your current card is set to expire.  Please leave enough time for processing.  (However, please note that applications for renewal may be submitted at any time but will not be available for pick-up until the month in which the current card is due to expire.)

Step 1

Fill out and print the application form​​ with special attention to the following:

1. Be sure you have included the requested information regarding documentation.  This will differ depending on your citizenship.  For US citizens, both driver's license and social security number MUST be included.  (The NPS security office will not process applications with only one.)

2. Do not fill in Box 25 (Sponsor's name and phone).

3. It is not necessary to include information about your employment or your work hours (Boxes 26-28).

Step 2

Sign and date the form, scan the two page document (or take a clear photo of each pageand send by email to:

Step 3

It usually takes a few days to process an application, although it can take longer.  You will NOT receive a notification when your card is ready, so it's a good idea to call the security office to be sure (831-656-3643). To pick up your card, go to the booth in the small parking lot just inside the Sloat Street gate.  You will not need a card to enter the base if you let the guard know that you are going to the security office.  Please note that the office is only open on weekdays from 7:00 to 3:00 and is closed for lunch from 11:30 to noon.

If you have questions or need assistance with this process, please send us an email.

bottom of page